Monday, October 12, 2009

Food- Its What I Do

I will skip lunch and snacks because they consisted of granola bars and a piece of toast-boring!

When I got home from class, I drank a glass of milk with protein powder then hit the gym for 30 minutes on the elliptical. With my new mag-good read!


Then grabbed a tiny, tiny bowl of Kashi Go Lean to refuel.  I did a little (very little) homework and decided to catch up on the DVR.

Then it was time for dinner.  It was rainy and gray (although well over 80 degrees again) today so I felt like soup and a sammie.


I made a mushroom and spinach sammie with a wedge of garlic and herb Laughing Cow.  This was one two pieces of 15 grain bread- very hearty.


While the sammie was cooking I snacked on carrots and red pepper hummus.


Vegetable soup with a scoop of hummus and sammie on the side.  This meal really hit the spot!

I ate dessert again.  Mainly because I have a large bag of apples to polish off.  I really need to cut out desserts for awhile, sugar is a bad cycle for me, when I eat it I crave it, when I don't eat I don't want it.

Baked apples, Kashi, scoop of Okios, scoop of canned pumpkin, whipped cream, drizzle of honey!  It was rich and delicious!  And I managed to eat 1 1/2 apples!

Now it is Monday night football time!  Go Jets!

No comments:

Post a Comment