Friday, October 9, 2009

Bad Food Day

Thursday Recap:
Things did not go any better after my oatmeal disaster.


For lunch I knew I wanted soup.















I heated up veggie soup, which ended up exploding in the microwave.  Seriously.  I clearly need to stay away from the microwave today.














On the side I made a mock quesadilla.  I wanted a sammie, but had no bread.  I used red pepper hummus, mushrooms, and salsa.














I love quesadillas, but did not enjoy the hummus.  It was overpowering warm and just weird.  I finished it though because I did not know how long it would be until dinner.


Dinner:
Things start to go bad again.

My husband got home and was telling me about the incident at work today.  He is a safety engineer for an oil services company, so he deals with all sorts of things.  Anyway literally five minutes after this conversation I am dicing up an apple and slice my finger open!














It was bleeding pretty heavily and my poor husband had to bandage my hand up today as well.














After this incident I was fed up with food and just made a sandwich with carrots and hummus on the side.














I honestly was not even hungry, but I was frustrated!  I am an emotional eater, anxiety eater, bored eater...etc.  Anyways I ate and then made some more bad food choices that left me in food and sugar coma.  Ugh.














I made this apple parfait with the diced apples, yogurt, and Kashi.  Polished most of this off.  Also during the evening I managed to eat a chocolate chip cookie and 1/4th of piece of cheesecake.  Ugh...sugar overload.  My body does not react well to sugar, I literally feel miserable.  So beyond feeling overly stuffed I had sugar hangover by about 9 pm.

I hopped on my stationary bike to try and sweat it out...no help.  I woke up this morning (Friday) still in food coma and feeling stuffed.  I skipped breakfast and opted for some coffee because I am tired.  I am thinking about doing a semi-fast today.  I don't have a workout planned so I don't need the extra energy, and I feel like my body needs a day to digest all the toxins and sugar I put in it this week.

Do you ever feel like you need a day of cleansing for your body?  (I will not actually be completely fasting, but will limit my food to a few natural snacks such as apples or oats, and let my body digest the overboard of food and sugar from this week)

*Here is to hoping to feel less lethargic by tomorrow morning!


No comments:

Post a Comment