Thursday, August 20, 2009

School, School, and more School


Trooper was up, my alarm went off, and I pulled myself out of bed to hit the gym. I slept in my gym clothes last night because after my food coma last night I needed to burn out some of the sugar and toxins. After a quick dog walk, I hit the gym for 3 miles on treadmill, 25 minutes on elliptical. Back at the apartment I wanted to do some weights, and turned on the find a great program on FIT TV. So I followed the second half hour of the show and my triceps are burning!

Feeling much better I grabbed a standby power breakfast. Maple/Brown Sugar oatmeal, protein powder, frozen berries! Also guzzzled even more water!

Now it is time for homework!!!


Well yesterday (Wednesday) my three tough classes lasted from 840 am to 220 pm. I made it through without recitation; however, I was prepared given the 8 hours of preparation I had done. Today I have one class and one mediation seminar. I am also still sore from carrying my bookbag around, and looking to invest in a nicer one with more shoulder strap support. Yesterday was weak in the exercise department because I hit the midweek-overwhelmed by work-slump. I took the dog for a 15 minute jog early in the morning and of course walked to and from school (about 40 minutes total).

Lunch yesterday was shoved in my mouth in between class breaks and scrambling to finish my briefs. I had a protein bar and 100 calorie pack of cookies (not pictured).
After lunch and returning from class my food choices went downhill. As I mentioned, I seemed to hit a wall yesterday and was just overwhelmed with school and life. I needed a snack big time when I got home, so I had an apple. Good choice. Also ate a snack size Twix from the fridge for some chocolate comfort! Then I was making a cup of pick-me-up coffee and came across my Fat-free, sugar-free double churned fudge brownie ice cream(sooooo good!) in the freezer. I ended up taking some spoons right out of the carton while I waited on the coffee. Not such a great choice, but it was soothing.

Dinner was easy and cheap (because we are trying to cut down the grocery bill):

1 box whole wheat rotini, cooked
1 large can mushrooms, stems (store brand is cheaper)
1/2 white onion chopped
approx. 2 cups artichoke hearts
1 tbsp diced garlic

I cooked pasta separately. I sauteed garlic, onions, and mushrooms. Then roughly chopped the artichoke hearts and added to pan. After cooking through a few minutes I added the pasta and let cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.

We topped with Parmesan cheese and some marina.

There were plenty of leftovers for todays lunch.

After this I was still craving sweets, mostly because I was stressed out about school and had horrible blisters on my heels that prevented me from burning off steam at the gym. I made a parfait with Yoplait Thick and Creamy-Key Lime pie and handful of Honey Bunches of Oats sprinkled over, then a large amount of Redi-Whip. I could not find the camera so I am missing a picture, but I will definitely be making this again so a picture will come later!

The bad food choices start now....

My husband came home with dessert: 1 piece of cheesecake, 1 piece of carrot cake.
I have never had carrot cake before (I know, crazy to think) so of course I dug in! This piece of cake was literally probable like 4inx4in and weighed a pound. It was so delicious! I am not a huge cake fan, but this was not super sweet and had more of a banana/zuchinni bread texture with pieces of walnut, raisin, and shreds of carrot. Before I knew the whole piece was gone and I was in food coma! I continued to pay the price with the massive sugar headache that came on about 30 minutes later. Needless to say I did not feel well, did not get any more homework done and went to bed after drinking a ton of water!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment