Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Food

Whole Foods Market Carry Out Pizza

My husband and I picked up this vegetarian pizza at Whole Foods Market for lunch/dinner/lunch the next day. The pizza is huge! It is on a whole wheat crust with red pepper hummus, fresh spinach, artichokes, black olives, roasted red peppers, and tomatoes. I believe it could be eaten uncooked but we toasted it up in the oven! It was delicious!

We also picked up fresh cherries for dessert!

















Banana Soft Serve

Well, it has been all the rage on the food blogs so I had to give it a try. I LOVE IT!. My husband still can't believe that it only has bananas in it. The texture is the exact same as soft serve!

1 banana
2 tbsp skim milk
1 tbsp Splenda

Cut banana into small chunks and freeze. Once frozen solid, place in food processor with splenda. I like to process the bananas until they are completely chopped up. Then I add in the milk and mix again until you get desired texture. I add the Splenda because I am not the biggest banana fan so I need it to be a little sweeter. I also add the milk for a creamer texture.

Spoon into dessert bowl. I like to add blueberries, cinnamon, and honey. Or add sugar free chocolate sauce.
*In the picture I used blueberries and chocolate wafers.


Weeknight Salad Dinner

Romaine lettuce
blueberries
carrots
mushrooms
blackbeans
corn
Parmesan cheese (of course)


Topped with the Ranch Salad spray dressing.
On the side we had some three cheese bread that was on sale at Kroger today.






Bagel Pizza

1 whole wheat bagel
1 laughing cow cheese wedge
frozen spinach
frozen peppers and onions mix
sliced fresh mushroom
3 tablespoons pasta sauce
Parmesan cheese

Toast bagel. Then spread on Laughing Cow cheese. Spread on pasta sauce. Add on frozen vegetables (optional to saute before) and sliced mushrooms. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place under broiler until cheese is slightly golden.

No comments:

Post a Comment