Sunday, November 22, 2009

11.5 Miles + Some Inspiration

Good Morning All.  (Actually Afternoon!)

Yesterday was a very rainy and cold (TX cold of 50 degrees) and I only got in 3 miles + elliptical.  So this morning the hubby and I got up and decided to get in some serious miles!

We ran from our apartment to a park, did a 3 mile loop at the park (the hubby didn't this part of the run), then ran back to the apartment for a total of about 11.5 miles!  Woo-hoo!

It felt awesome, and I was really pushing it the last 2-3 miles!

After ice, shower, snack, we went to Academy and I searched for running tights for when we head back Midwest for Christmas.

Fact:  Running tights are not flattering on anyone!
On the plus side, I found Pumpkin Pie and Gingerbread Clif bars!  I bought two of each to try!

We then hit up Central Market--my favorite grocery store ever!

We got all kinds of goodies!

Then it was time for lunch!  Surprisingly I was not really hungry at all.  That could be either stress or that sometimes my appetite leaves when I exercise a lot.


I made this ginormous yogurt mess.  It had half a HUGE apple, greek yogurt mixed with canned pumpkin, cinnamon, Kashi, and honey!  This was huge and I ate the whole darn thing!



We couldn't resist this fresh loaf of sour-dough bread at CM, so I lightly toasted a slice with jam.  So good I nibbled before I could get the picture in!


Need Some Inspiration?

My best friend is a very creative and positive person and sent me these photos.  She has been dealing with a relationship that was very unhealthy and hurtful.  To remind herself that she is amazing (She is!) she created post-its with inspirational sayings and lyrics.

 

 
Please remember you are WORTH IT!  

No comments:

Post a Comment