Friday, January 8, 2010

Brrrrrrr

26 degrees in Houston my friends.  And colder tomorrow and Sunday.  There is something wrong with the world!

I hopped up this morning and hit the gym for a little elliptical.  I have a 4 mile run on the training schedule today and plan to do it after class this evening.  Anything over 3 I just can't force myself into boredom on the treadmill, so hopefully I can talk my hubby into taking me out to the park.  It gets dark here about 6pm, and I won't run by myself after dark for obvious safety reasons.  My training schedule and current 830-530 class do not mesh well!


I started this brisk morning with a bowl of pumpkin oats topped with granola, Kashi, and tiny scoop of almond butter!





Although getting home around 6 makes cooking dinner a bit more inconvenient (considering I still have homework to do!), I did manage to throw together stuffed acorn squash last night before the game.


I had already roasted the squash yesterday, so I added in a wedge of Laughing Cow.



Topped with a spoonful of ground turkey and pasta sauce.



I then topped this with Parmesan, Italian seasoning, and ground pepper.



I baked at 400 for about ten minutes to warm everything through, then put it under the broiler for just a minute because I like my cheese browned a bit!

Delicious!


There were also unpictured chips, salsa, and queso consumed (game food).  And the last two pieces of Christmas chocolate!



No comments:

Post a Comment